What are the best shoes for massage therapists? Although the work of a massage therapist is fulfilling and enjoyable, it is also very tiresome. The moving around, the standing all day, while straining your hands makes you tired.
Despite this, you need to stay put to satisfy your clients. One way of ensuring you are comfortable while massaging your client is to ensure you have the right shoes.
Related: Best Waterproof Work Boots
The benefits of getting the right shoes for massage therapists
Apart from style and attractiveness massage therapist shoes also have other benefits. Below are some of the benefits derived from owning and wearing massage therapist shoes.
Support and stability
It is a known fact that all types of shoes offer added support and stability. They make walking comfortable, easy, and less strenuous. Some shoes have specialized features like ankle support that ensures comfort and stability if your work involves standing for long periods.
Properly made massage therapist shoes have thick insole and lining that absorb shock and cushion the feet. If your shoes are not professionally made your lower back, ankles, knee, and hip joint might suffer the pain after a long day of work.
Keeps your feet clean, warm, and healthy
Properly designed massage therapist shoes keep your feet clean and healthy. This is important if you are working with a customer who is sensitive to sharp smells. Also, quality shoes have an inner lining that ensures your feet stay warm even in cold weather.
Shoes offer protection from impact and other hazards. For example, if you step on something hard you with proper shoes on, you may not feel pain as compared to when you have bad shoes on since the shoes will absorb the shock. Again shoes with enhanced treads offer added grip thereby ensuring you don’t fall while walking.
Related: Best Shoes for Physical Therapists
Buying Guide (What to consider/lookout for)
The work of a massage therapist involves walking around, standing for many hours, taking off shoes, and wearing them. It is, therefore, important to get the right shoes convenient for the job. Unfortunately, it is hard to get the right massage therapist work shoes due to the infinite number of options available out there. To make your work easier, we have highlighted some of the factors to consider when choosing the right shoes.
Since the work of a massage therapist engages the feet a lot, you have to be comfortable in your shoes. When buying massage therapist shoe lookout for those with soft upper and ensure they are roomy enough for your feet. The insole must be cushioned and the lining must be soft enough for added comfort while moving around. Ensure the outsole is also made of soft material to ensure flexibility.
Most people are prone to feet-seating when wearing shoes. If your feet sweat a lot they may produce a bad odor that might not be pleasant to you or your customer. To curb this vice, ensure that the shoes you buy are breathable to prevent sweating. Breathable shoes always have perforated upper which is made of some kind of a net.
Related: Best Shoes for Security Guards
Cushioning is very important when moving around or when standing for long. When shopping for a massage therapist’s shoes, ensure that the insole is cushioned and is made of soft material that can absorb shock. Also, ensure the material of the inner lining is soft enough to offer extra cushioning.
Your shoes need to protect you from impact and other hazards. For this reason, make sure your shoes can withstand a soft impact to cushion your feet from accidents. Additionally, since most massage room floors are slippery, look out for the shoes with enhanced tread patterns. Shoes with proper tread pattern enhance grip, protecting you from slides and eventual falls.
Related: Best Work Boots for Landscaping
You do not want to keep on buying shoes every other month. Therefore, ensure the make you buy is durable and can serve you for a very long time. To ensure durability, check for the make of the upper and the outsole. The most durable brand has leather upper and rubber outsole.
Ease of wearing
You should always go for a shoe that you can wear easily and remove easily when required. To get such, consider a slip-on design that is more convenient as compared to laced shoes. Also check, if the topline is elastic for easy on and off.
As we said earlier the work of a massage therapist engages the feet so much in standing, walking, and support. For this reason, consider buying lightweight shoes to enable you to move around comfortably and with ease. First of all your shoes should not be bigger than your feet to eliminate the extra weight. Again, ensure your shoes are made of lightweight materials such as soft rubber and soft leather.
Related: Best Shoes for Vet Techs
Best Shoes for Massage Therapist Reviews
As a massage therapist, you cannot afford to get tired from your attires and from your day-to-day work as well. That is why you need to have the right shoes to stay comfortable, safe, and reduce the risk of exhaustion. Many companies claim to make the best massage therapist shoes and therefore to get the right shoe for your day-to-day work in the massage rooms is extremely daunting. Here, we have reviewed the best three shoes to help you make an informed buying decision.
If you’re looking for a fashionable, safe, environment-friendly, and comfortable shoe the TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes is an option to consider.
This pair of shoes features a quality textile upper and state-of-the-art rubber sole to help you stay grounded and comfortable whenever you roam.
It’s a perfect clip-on design to ensure it is convenient when putting it on, while the selection of materials it is constructed with is friendly to the feet.
Additionally, its Solyte midsole provides excellent shock absorption while still being extremely lightweight.
- Textile construction with a rubber outsole for enhanced durability
- Slip-on design for convenience
- Mesh upper to enhance breathability
- Latex arch Insert for enhanced Support
- Classic pigskin insole with cushion for added comfort
- Perfect accord with human body engineering for safety
- Anti-slip design for extra comfort
- Elastic top-line for easy on and off
- Solyte midsole that provides excellent bounce-back and durability
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Friendly to the body and environment
- Fashionable unique design
- Available in a variety of sizes and colors
- Durable and relatively affordable
- Roomy shoes for customers with wide feet
- Can be one worn for different occasions
- Easily washable shoes
- Has no ankle support
- Some customers complain of the strong chemical smell when the shoe is new
- The insole may come out when taking off the shoes
Related: Best Work Shoes for Mechanics
For those who are wondering what type of shoes massage therapists wear to work, the Skechers for Work- Men’s Cottonwood Goddard Twin Gore Slip-Resistant Slip-On is an option to consider. Featuring a high-quality design, the shoes offer great support and comfort to meet your everyday walking needs. Its upper is made of quality yet soft leather, while its outsole is made of rubber to enhance durability and comfort. Additionally, its slip-on design and anti-slip attributes make it one of the best shoes for convenient working. Cushioning and enhanced support is guaranteed thanks to the midsole, while the outsole offers excellent traction even on slippery floors.
- Premium grade leather upper for durability
- Rubber sole construction
- Features slip-on design for convenience
- High-quality supportive and shock absorbing midsole
- Stretchy side fabric for easy fit on
- Heel measures approximately 1 inch for added ankle support
- Comfortable and attractive shoes
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy slip-on fit
- Slip-resistant design
- The shoes are wearable in different occasions
- They show creases and wrinkles over time
- Available in black color only
Durability, comfort, Style, and safety were all taken into consideration when crafting these Skechers performance women’s shoes. The shoe features 100% synthetic suede upper and premium rubber outsole construction which enhances the comfort of the wearer while still ensuring the shoes can serve for many years. Another amazing feature about these shoes is the Goga mat return energy insole which helps in cushioning your feet while still absorbing shock in every step you take. Additionally, the shoes feature soft fabric lining for comfort and protection from friction, while the outsole treads offer enhanced grip even on slippery surfaces.
- 100% Synthetic Suede upper construction for Comfort
- premium quality rubber outsole for enhanced durability
- Goga mat return energy insole for shock absorption and Cushioning
- enhanced outsole treads for proper traction in slippery surfaces
- Soft fabric lining for easy slip-on
- ant slide design for added safety
- Soft inner lining to protect your feet from friction
- Lightweight and fashionable shoe
- Waterproof and durable
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Comfortable and flexible design
- Recommended for people with arthritis
- Enhances traction in slippery floors
- Provides enhanced ankle support and cushioning from shock
- The sole might squeak depending on the finish of the tile
- This design is specifically made for women