When walking on the mud or in a flooding environment, there is nothing irritating and uncomfortable like the feeling of wet socks in your drenched boots.
Lucky for you, we have compiled the best waterproof work boots UK to help you curb this vice.
Properly constructed women/ men’s waterproof safety boots help not only to keep your feet warm and moisture-free but also to make you feel comfortable while working.
Related: Best Work Boots for Landscaping
Benefits of Getting the Right Waterproof Work Boots
Despite digitalism and mechanization, some aspects of labor such as farming and construction will always be manual labor.
Since the productivity of humans in any field depends on comfort and safety, this is where the waterproof boots come into the picture.
For your productivity, safety, and comfort in the workplace, you need to consider purchasing waterproof boots.
Related: Best Shoes for Vet Techs
Below are some benefits derived from owning and wearing waterproof work shoes.
Keeps your feet dry
The best waterproof boots keep your feet dry and moisture free even when wading over waterlogged grounds or oil spilled surfaces. Most professionally constructed work boots are made of waterproof material such as leather and rubber. The materials are then fused using special technology to ensure any liquid does not penetrate to reach your feet.
Makes walking comfortable
Waterproof safety boots have a scientifically constructed heel that keeps your ankle supported for reduced fatigue when standing for long. If the booty is of high quality, the heel also makes the climbing up and down the stairs easy. Additionally, they have an enhanced tread pattern that enhances grip in low traction areas.
Keeps your feet clean
Any properly constructed men’s waterproof work boots in the UK prevent dirt and mud from entering thus keeping your feet clean all day long. Such boots have a long shaft (to keep water and debris out) depending on the intended purpose of the boot.
Related: Best Shoes for Security Guards
Keeps your feet warm and healthy
This specialized footwear also helps to keep your feet dry, warm, and clean and comfortable. When your boots become waterlogged for long, your feet skin absorbs water making it soft and wrinkly. Consequently, the feet develop blister and cracks that might affect your productivity. Additionally, it helps keep away most fungi and bacterial diseases that develop when the feet are continually wet.
Offer protection from workplace hazards
Some waterproof shoes have specialized features such as toes cups that offer protection from impact and falling objects. Again, some outsoles are scientifically crafted to protect you from electrocution and other workplace hazards.
Buying Guide (What to consider/lookout for)
If you work in environments where water, oil, and other liquids are/can be an issue, you need to have the right boots. There are many types and models of waterproof safety boots out there and the task of choosing the right one is indeed daunting. To choose the right men/women’s waterproof work shoes, consider the following factors.
Considering the comfort of the work boot is paramount especially if your work involves standing for long on hard surfaces. Look for a work boot that is reinforced with a thick cushion and a properly constructed inner sole to absorb shock. Also, make sure the material construction (leather, rubber, or PVC) is soft to preventing blistering your feet. Additionally, ensure the heel is properly constructed to support your ankle when climbing up and down the stairs and ladders.
Size and weight
You must go for a boot that fits you perfectly. Avoid oversized/ small sized boots that’s might cause discomfort when you are working. Additionally, ensure the boot is lightweight to minimize fatigue especially if your work involves walking. Most lightweight boots have an outsole made of rubber which is tough yet durable.
You do not want your feet to sweat all day long. Sweating causes discomfort while still making your feet smell bad. Therefore, when buying waterproof work boots consider the make of the inner lining. It should be breathable (usually made of nylon meshing) to keep your feet dry and hygienic.
There are several elements of protection you need to consider in waterproof safety boots. First of all ensure, the boot shaft is long enough especially if you work in waterlogged environments. If you work in oily surfaces, get a boot that has an enhanced grip for proper traction to avoid sliding. Last, for those who work with metallic objects, ensure the toe area of the boot is reinforced with a metallic toe cap to keep you safe from falling objects.
To ensure you do not keep buying and disposing of boots now and then, consider a long-lasting material such a leather. A good material will not only, preventing liquid from penetrating your feet but it will also ensure that the said liquid will not destroy your boot. Make sure the waterproof work boots you buy can withstand abrasion, the beating of hard labor environments, and other factors that can destroy ordinary shoes.
Depending on the condition of your workplace, it is also important to get a boot that cannot get destroyed by water and cannot allow water to penetrate to your feet. It is important to note that water resistance mostly means that the material can withstand water while waterproof means the construction prevents water from penetrating. Ensure you’re the boot you are about to buy is seam-sealed and is made of water-resistance materials to enhance its waterproofing capabilities.
Related: Best Shoes for Physical Therapists
Best Waterproof Work Boots UK Reviews 2021
If you are looking for performance yet stylish waterproof work boots, the Timberland men’s flume is one of the best options out there. Featuring 100% Premium full-grain leather upper, the boot is not only waterproof but also long-lasting. Its outsole is crafted using high-quality rubber with multidirectional lugs to enhance grip even when walking on slippery pavements. What’s more, its midsole and footbeds are scientifically made to ensure cushioning and shock absorption giving you comfort when walking on hard grounds.
- Premium leather for waterproofing and durability
- High-quality rubber outsole with multidirectional lugs for enhances traction
- Scientifically made midsole and footbeds to enhance cushioning and shock absorption
- Fully gusseted tongue to keep out debris
- Seam-sealed construction to ensure waterproofing
- Long-lasting 100% leather
- Rustproof lace brackets
- Stylish yet protective design
- Provide enhance ankle support
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Multipurpose boot for hiking, casual wear, work boot, and other outdoor purposes
- The shaft is the short meaning you can’t walk in the creek without getting your feet wet
- May not have a lot of insulation hence cannot be used as waterproof winter boots
- These waterproof boots are not easy to wash
Related: Best Shoes for Massage Therapists
For those who are looking for stability, lightweight, comfortable, easy to wear, and waterproof work boots, the Ever Boots is a great option. Its construction features waterproof leather with an insulated inner lining to keep your feet dry and warm even during the winter. To enhance stability on slippery terrains, the boot outsole is made of premium rubber featuring state of the art tread patterns. Additionally, the rubber can withstand abrasion and oil for durable service.
- Premium quality, soft, and waterproof leather for enhanced durability and comfort
- Sealed direct attach construction
- High-quality tough rubber sole with enhanced tread patterns for enhancing traction
- PU removable insole and polyester insulated inner lining for warmth and comfort
- Features steel shank to alleviate pressure when going downstairs or climbing ladders
- Waterproof laces
- Suitable for Landscaping, Gardening, Farming, Yard Jobs.
- Big fitting than other brands to enhance comfort.
- Waterproof stitching
- Waterproof and durable construction
- Affordable work boots
- Removable insole giving room for a customized one
- Anti-fatigue midsole keep you comfortable
- Lightweight, flexible, and easy to wear
- Superior traction and shock absorption capabilities
- Breathable membrane lining to keep your feet dry and warm
- The speed lace hooks can break off at times
- They might be narrow for those who have wide feet
- Features high ankles that can irritate the skin
Related: Best Work Shoes for Mechanics
The CAT waterproof work boot is perhaps one of the stylish and quality boots for the technicians and engineers working with industrial machines. The boot is constructed using pure leather and reinforced with a steel toe cap for durability, waterproofing, and safety. It features a slip-resistant rubber outsole that enhances grip in slippery surfaces while ensuring resistivity to oil, water, and abrasion-resistant. The shoe is further insulted with 200 grams of thermal technology that ensures your feet stay comfortable, warm, and dry even in extreme weather conditions.
- 100% leather upper and rubber outsole construction
- Nylon mesh lining for breathability and comfort
- 200g thermal technology to keep feet warm and comfy
- Slip-resistant rubber for added traction
- Steel toe cup for protection against impact
- Electrical hazard protection up to 600V
- Durable and comfortable
- Stable flexible and enhances support all day long
- Seamless lacing hardware
- Easy to clean
- Enhanced heel support for easy climbing of stairs
- The boots are made for machine operators but not for groundwork like gardening
- Laces eyelets may pop out